The USA offers the best health care in the world. The problem is that unless you have good insurance, it can be prohibitively expensive to use the health care. Medical providers in the USA work on a “fee for service” basis. Put another way, a physician expects to be paid when they treat you for a medical condition. The US government DOES NOT provide healthcare for visitors to the USA. It is essential to purchase travel medical insurance if your regular policy doesn’t cover you while you’re abroad or if your regular policy limits your coverage.
Any of these plans offer a Well Doctor Visit which pays up to $75 (one visit per person per policy period). The Well Doctor Visit must occur within the first 21 days from the effective date of coverage. To be eligible you must purchase at least 30 days of coverage initially. Once purchase is confirmed, you may register for the benefit at https://trawickinternational.com/wellness/Register
- Rates are based on age at time pf purchase.
- The policy maximum options automatically default to $50,000. You can increase that amount to as much as $1 million on some plans. The premium will automatically adjust.
- The deductibles options automatically default to $250. You can increase or decrease that amount from zero and certain increments up to $5,000. The premium will automatically adjust.
- The deductible for in-network providers is zero, so the deductible amount you choose is for out of network providers.
- The Safe Travels Comprehensive plan pays a higher benefit for Acute Onset of a Pre-existing Condition.
- All of the plans cover COVID-19 except if it is a Pre-existing Condition. Otherwise it is treated as any other illness under the plans. The plans state that COVID-19 is covered in the policy language.
- Plans provide links to brochures and summaries so you can read details about the coverage before purchase.
- You can save the quote and email a copy to yourself to review or purchase at a later date. Quotes are good for up to 30 days.
- When purchasing a plan online, a policy confirmation with all necessary documents will be sent to you via the email address provided within 5 minutes of completion
- Once the policy confirmation is received, you can click on the buttons in the email confirmation to retrieve your Visa Letter, Certificate and ID Card to download and print the documents..
- All requests for cancellations must be received in writing to email@example.com. Please see your policy for refund/cancellation provisions.