The USA offers the best health care in the world. The problem is that unless you have good insurance, it can be prohibitively expensive to use the health care. Medical providers in the USA work on a “fee for service” basis. Put another way, a physician expects to be paid when they treat you for a medical condition. The US government DOES NOT provide healthcare for visitors to the USA. It is essential to purchase travel medical insurance if your regular policy doesn’t cover you while you’re abroad or if your regular policy limits your coverage.
Any of these plans offer a Well Doctor Visit which pays up to $75 (one visit per person per policy period). The Well Doctor Visit must occur within the first 21 days from the effective date of coverage. To be eligible you must purchase at least 30 days of coverage initially. Once purchase is confirmed, you may register for the benefit at https://trawickinternational.com/wellness/Register
When getting a quote please note:
- The plans are automatically defaulted to a policy max of $50,000 but you can increase that amount to as much as $1 million. The premium will automatically adjust.
- The deductibles are defaulted to $250 but you can increase or decrease that amount from zero to as much as $5,000. The premium will automatically adjust.
- The deductible for in-network providers is zero, so the deductible amount you choose is for out of network providers.
- If you are choosing between the Save Travels USA and USA Cost Saver plans, pick the one with the lower premium, as they offer the same benefits.
- The Safe Travels Comprehensive plan pays a higher benefit for a Pre-existing Condition.
- All of the plans cover COVID-19 except if it is a pre-existing condition. Otherwise it is treated as any other illness under the plans. The plans state that COVID-19 is covered in the policy language.
- You can purchase a plan online, and policy confirmation documents will be sent to you within 5 minutes.
- Once the Policy Confirmation is received, you can click on the Member ID card, the Certificate and the Visa Letter buttons to download and print the documents.
- Once the plan is purchased, if you need to contact our office for anything, please have your Policy Order Number listed on the Policy Confirmation page.
- All requests for cancellations must be received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.