The government of Costa Rica has implemented the following requirements for visitors abroad to comply with before entering the country:
• Fill out the electronic epidemiological health pass form before departure
• For international insurance policies, tourists must request a certification from their insurance company, issued in English or Spanish, verifying at least the following three conditions:
1) Effectiveness of the policy during the visit to Costa Rica
2) Coverage for Medical expenses in the event of becoming ill with the pandemic COVID-19 virus while in Costa Rica, for at least $50,000
3) Includes minimum coverage of $2,000 for potential quarantine lodging expenses issued as a result of the pandemic
This plan is only available to U.S. Citizens and U.S. Residents and can be purchased for a trip cost of $0 to $100,000. It includes $250,000 of primary Medical Coverage and Trip Delay of $2,000 for quarantine accommodations/lodging expenses. Upon purchase you will receive a visa letter as well as a certificate for you to present to the Republic of Costa Rica.
Upon purchase you, will receive a visa letter to upload as required and fill out the required paperwork using this link for Costa Rica Health Pass - https://salud.go.cr
To get a quote use the Customize and Buy Button below. To ONLY meet the requirements, you can use a $0 trip cost and the date you purchased your plane ticket or travel package as the trip deposit date.
Safe Travels Voyager
The Safe Travels Voyager is designed for those who are looking for the highest available benefit limits to protect your trip. This plan covers trips up to $100,000 for trip cancellation and includes $250,000 per person limit Primary Medical Coverage with coverage for Pre-Existing Medical conditions on plans purchased prior to or with final trip payment. Includes minimum coverage of $2,000 for potential quarantine lodging expenses. COVID-19 MEDICAL EXPENSES are covered and treated the same as any other sickness. Meets Costa Rica Travel Insurance Requirements.
The Optional Cancel for Any Reason (CFAR) provides reimbursement for 75% of the prepaid, non-refundable, forfeited payments you paid for your trip, if you cancel your trip for any reason not otherwise covered by this policy. Must be purchased with initial policy and within 21 days of the initial trip deposit date, and the full, nonrefundable trip cost is insured.