Levels of Coverage
Dogtag has 4 Levels of Coverage offering varying levels of benefit and sport coverage depending on your budget and travel needs.
If you're taking a Couple or Family policy, these coverage levels are per person:
- BASIC - Wide-ranging coverage at a competitive price. Ideal if you’re traveling light on a relaxing, low-cost holiday.
- SPORT - Our optimum coverage level, and our most popular - higher coverage levels and coverage for high risk sports
- EXTREME - Complete peace of mind for you and your holiday with high benefit levels and coverage for a huge raft of Extreme sports.
- EXTREME - Our highest coverage level with the same extensive extreme sports coverage as our EXTREME level.
Check the coverage table below to compare these coverage levels.
If you want to know about the sports we cover, simply check the Sports List.
DOGTAG Schedule of Benefits
Coverages are shown in U.S. Dollar amounts and are per person and per Period of Coverage unless stated otherwise.
|Dogtag Basic||Dogtag Sport||Dogtag Extreme||Dogtag Extreme+|
|Benefit||Per Person Limit||Per Person Limit||Per Person Limit||Per Person Limit|
|Emergency Accident Medical Expense||$25,000||$50,000||$100,000||$100,000|
|Emergency Sickness Medical Expense||$25,000||$25,000||$25,000||$25,000|
|Emergency Evacuation & Repatriation||$250,000||$500,000||$1,000,000||$1,000,000|
|Hospital of Choice||No Cover||No Cover||Included||Included|
|Return of Mortal Remains||$10,000||$25,000||$50,000||$50,000|
|Transportation of Dependent Children||$10,000||$25,000||$50,000||$50,000|
|Transportation to Join You||$10,000||$25,000||$50,000||$50,000|
|Search & Rescue||No Cover||$5,000||$10,000||$10,000|
|Non-Medical Emergency Evacuation||No Cover||$50,000||$100,000||$100,000|
|Baggage & Personal Effects||$1,000||$2,000||$3,000||$3,000|
|Sports Equipment Rental||No Cover||$3,000||$5,000||$5,000|
|Sports Exclusion||Hazardous Sports Excluded||Extreme Sports Excluded||No Exclusions||No Exclusions|
|Emergency Travel Assistance Services||Included||Included||N/A||N/A|
|Emergency Travel Assistance & Concierge Services||N/A||N/A||Included||Included|
|Under 30 Days||$69||$119||$159||$189|
Exclusions - Please review your plan document for a full list of exclusions.
Description of Benefits
Medical Expenses: Only such expenses, incurred as the result of and within the Period of Coverage from a Disablement, which are specifically enumerated in the following list of charges, and which are not excluded in EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS, shall be considered as Covered Expenses:
- Charges made by a Hospital for room and board, floor nursing and other services inclusive of charges for professional service and with the exception of personal services of non-medical nature; provided, however, that expenses do not exceed the Hospital’s average charge for semi-private room and board accommodations; charges made for an operating room.
- Charges made for Intensive Care or coronary care charges and nursing services.
- Charges made for diagnosis, treatment and Surgery by a Physician; charges made for the cost and administration of anesthetics.
- Charges made for Outpatient treatment, same as any other treatment covered on an Inpatient basis. This includes ambulatory surgical centers, Physicians’ Outpatient visits/examinations, clinic care, and surgical opinion consultations.
- Charges for medication, x-ray services, laboratory tests and services, the use of radium and radioactive isotopes, oxygen, blood transfusions, iron lungs, and medical treatment; dressings, drugs, and medicines that can only be obtained upon a written prescription of a Physician or Surgeon.
- Charges for physiotherapy, if recommended by a Physician for the treatment of a specific Disablement and administered by a licensed physiotherapist.
- Ground ambulance (within the metropolitan area, up to the maximum stated in the SCHEDULE OF BENEFITS) to and from the nearest Hospital with facilities for required treatment. If the Insured Person is in a rural area and unreachable by ground ambulance, then licensed air ambulance transportation to the nearest metropolitan area shall be considered a Covered Expense.
- Hotel room charge, when the Insured Person, otherwise necessarily confined in a Hospital, shall be under the care of a duly qualified Physician in a hotel room owing to unavailability of a Hospital room by reason of capacity or distance or to any other circumstances beyond control of the Insured Person.
- Charges made for artificial limbs, eyes, larynx, and orthotic appliances, but not for replacement of such items.
- Charges for Home Health Care up to a $2,500 Maximum per Policy Period.
- Charges for care in a licensed Extended Care Facility as defined herein, upon direct transfer from an acute care Hospital.